Palo Pinto County, TX: Palo Pinto County and City Officials held a conference call to discuss the state of the COVID-19 outbreak and to make sure all entities are working towards the same goal – to reduce the spread of the virus. Dr. Ed Evans, Judge Shane Long, City Manager Randy Criswell, Palo Pinto General Hospital, Emergency Management, first responders (Police, Sheriff, Fire, EMT), Palo Pinto County School Superintendents, and other City & County Officials were on the call.
“We would like to reassure our community that we are doing everything within our power to face this challenge head-on. We are working together to help fight this outbreak and need all of our citizens to do the same. We will be having daily briefings to stay informed and continue the excellent teamwork” said PPGH Chief Executive Officer Ross Korkmas.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, local officials would like to remind you to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you’re sick. Call your doctor if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze then immediately wash your hands.
- If you are sick, you should wear a facemask when you are around other people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Avoid large events and mass gatherings of more than 50 people.
For more information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit www.cdc.gov