Palo Pinto General Hospital offers a great benefit package for full-time employment with the Palo Pinto County Hospital District. Please browse our package details below.
TIME AWAY FROM WORK
- Vacation, illness and holiday time is accrued into a Paid Time Off plan (PTO) allowing employees a flexible approach to managing their time off.
- 1 – 5 years = 24 days per year
- 6 – 10 years = 29 days per year
- 11 + years = receive one additional day per year up to a maximum of 34 days.
- Jury Duty: Eligible employees receive pay paid at base rate for scheduled work shifts missed while serving on jury duty.
- Bereavement Leave – Eligible employees are provided with two days of paid leave for the loss of an immediate family member, and one day of paid leave for other specified family members for scheduled work shifts missed to attend funeral. Pay is at base pay.
- Leave of Absence – Family Medical Leave (12 weeks), Short-Term Leave (6 weeks) and Extended Leave (4 weeks) is available for eligible employees.
HEALTH, DENTAL, LIFE, AND AD&D INSURANCE
- Health/Dental Insurance – PPGH offers two medical plans. Choose the plan that fits your healthcare needs. Employees pay a combined premium for Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision coverage.
- Term Life Insurance – No additional cost to the employee
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance.
FITNESS & WELLNESS
- Free flu shots
- Annual Health Screenings – TB skin test Insert CDC Update Here
- Fitness Center – discounted rates for membership to on-site Fitness Center for employee and family members.
OTHER BENEFITS OFFERED
- (Deferred Compensation Plan) Retirement plan available for eligible employees through Texas Hospital Association funded by the Palo Pinto County Hospital District. Section 457 Retirement Plan (Employee contributions) and Money Purchase Pension Plan (Employer matching). PPGH currently matches up to 5% of gross wages after the first year of employment. (some exclusions may apply).
- Discount on meals served in Cafeteria – may be purchased through payroll deduction.
- Discount on Gift Shop Purchases – may be purchased through payroll deduction.
- Annual “buy-back” of PTO hours. Employees have option of selling PTO hours back to hospital.
Tuition Reimbursement – Eligible employees may be reimbursed tuition cost for approved college courses that relates to their career field at PPGH.
- Scholarships – Eligible employees may apply for a clinical scholarship that pays all school expenses for certain positions as selected each year. One or two scholarships offered each year.
- Continuing Education – Various programs and skills workshops offered on an ongoing basis.
- Direct Deposit is available.
- Free tea, coffee and parking.
- Shift Differential – Various plans available.
- Benevolence Program – Financial assistance available to all hospital employees. Funded by employees. Participation optional.
- Recruitment Bonus – Paid to employee if applicant referred is hired in a full-time position at date of hire. Positions eligible may vary depending on staffing needs.
- Other payroll deductions allowed: Credit Union, Uniforms, AFLAC Insurance, Hospital Bill, United Way contributions, Legal Services and other hospital-approved deductions.